While technological enhancements in synthetic decking are always improving its ability to mimic the look of wood, it is hard to match the beauty of a natural wood deck. When it comes to designing and building a natural wood deck, there are a few advantages that natural wood has over other decking materials:
- It is non-toxic and very strong for its weight
- Makes a beautiful deck and can be easily worked
- Wood is a renewable resource if managed correctly and produced with small fossil-fuel inputs
- It is easy to reuse and recycle, plus, it biodegrades without any polluting byproducts
- Generally less expensive to use than synthetic decking
If you are interested in resurfacing your old wood deck with new deck boards professionally installed by a trusted local company, then we have you covered. Contact Consumer Construction today, and we will schedule a consultation to have all of your options presented in a no-pressure, informative manner.